Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gautier Paulin feeling strong


Gautier Paulin Following a USGP marred by sickness,headed to St Jean D’Angely in France for his ‘home’ GP this past weekend. Having rested in the week Paulin was feeling strong again and was looking to go head to head in front of the thousands of French fans that turned out.

Paulin was flying on Saturday during the qualification race, and following a good start the Monster Energy Yamaha racer fought from 4th place into the lead. A little fall relegated Paulin to 2nd, however within just a few laps he was back in front to take his first ever MX2 GP pole position.

Overnight rain left the hard-packed circuit very rutted and one-lined for Sunday. A terrible start placed the frustrated Frenchman in 12th position on lap one, but fighting hard Paulin was soon into 9th position and chasing. A fall on the final lap relegated the number 21 Yamaha back to 14th position where he ultimately crossed the finish line.

The second moto would see another tough start for Paulin, but this time he would not be caught out by the technical circuit. After a grueling 35 minutes and 2 laps of fighting for every position the stylish Paulin eventually crossed the finish line in 4th position, registering the fastest lap of the race along the way.

“It was great to race in front of a home crowd today and I could hear the fans cheering me on around the track. Winning the qualifying race from Marvin proved that I have the speed to match him but I needed better starts in the races. I keep improving every time I race and in the second moto I had the fastest lap time which I was really pleased with. I am working hard to improve in all areas and hope to be on the podium very soon.” Explained a content Paulin.

No comments:

Post a Comment